Planning a Field Trip? We Welcome Groups!
Presentations are given to pre-scheduled groups, tailored to student grade level
Groups of 15 or more
We welcome class/group visits to the Museum and tailor the visit to meet the outcomes expressed by the teacher or coordinator.
- Minimum group size is 15 students
- Maximum group size is 45 students
- Suggested visit time: 1 hour
- Initial 30-45 minute group presentation covers the science of tsunamis, historical information about Hilo, and personal accounts of survivors.
- Participants then have approximately 15 minutes to browse.
- For groups of less than 15 students we will provide an introduction. This is followed by the students touring the exhibits on their own.
- For students in grades 3 and under we do not provide a sit down presentation due to the nature of the content.
- Advance arrangements may be made by calling the Museum at 808-935-0926 or by emailing email@example.com
|Out of State
For every 10 students in a scheduled group visit, one adult may come in free. Adults accompanying the group in excess of that number pay General, Kama‘aina, or Senior admission.
For more information call 808-935-0926.
Last Revised September 2013